2. Post an Image of your Textbook
ISBN numbers in your syllabus are well and good, but invariably some students will buy the wrong book. A picture of the textbook cover on the homepage (for the first week of class) will save your students time and hassle.
Do a Google search for your textbook and when you find the image drag it to your desktop. From there you can upload it into Etudes.
To put the image on the homepage:
- Click on the Sprocket icon in the upper right corner of the homepage.
- Under Home Items click Add.
- Type in a title and choose a release date by clicking the Calendar icon.
- Under Source click the bubble next to Select or Upload a File.
- Drag and drop the textbook image file into the grey area under Select or Upload a File.
- Double click on the file once it’s in the grey area (you should then see the image in the Preview section at the bottom of the screen).
- Add some alternative text describing the picture.
- Click Publish at the bottom and you’re done.