Dear 3CSN Wayfinding Community,
We hope you and your loved ones are healthy and staying safe.
As we move forward into Week 5 of our Wayfinding Series, we want to take a moment to thank all of you who have made this series a success. In the past three and a half weeks, we have held over 130 sessions led by and provided for practitioners and students, including some of our participants! We have learned a tremendous amount from you and continue to be inspired by our collective capacity to authentically and wholeheartedly engage in this, “The Real Work,” as Wendell Berry puts it:
It may be that when we no longer know what to do
we have come to our real work,
and that when we no longer know which way to go
we have come to our real journey.
The mind that is not baffled is not employed.
The impeded stream is the one that sings.
We encourage you all to pause a moment to consider just how much we have done as a community in these few weeks as well as how much more we can and will accomplish as we find our way together in this unprecedented moment.
This week we invite you to join us for the following free one-hour fortifying and brain-stretching sessions (no registration required):
- Zoom 101
- Tools for Learning Assistance Professionals led by peer educators
- Online Student Services – Outreach and Matriculation
- Canvas and Canvas Alternatives for Noncredit
- Canvas 102: Exams and Quizzes
- Canvas 102: Feedback Tools
- Canvas 102: Gradebook
- Zoom 102: Breakout Rooms
- “Brown Bag” sessions on Canvas and Canvas Alternatives for Non-credit, Teaching Reading Strategies on Zoom, and Eportfolios
- “Thought partner” sessions specific to needs identified through our sessions including Canvas and Zoom drop in support as well as those focused on classified professionals and Gradebook
In addition, we are providing opportunities for you to learn and expand your network at the following ongoing sessions:
“Text Talk,” a chance to engage in shared reading and discussion of articles relevant to our work and experience (Mondays and Wednesdays at 3PM)
Student Hour, a virtual space where students can share, learn, and be supported in community with other students and 3CSN coordinators from across the state (Daily at 4 PM)
Mindfulness for Educators, an intentional space to practice mindfulness, inner reflection and heart sharing (Tuesdays and Thursdays at 5 PM)
You may access the schedule and click on the Zoom links here (all are free and no registration is required):