Need help setting up your online courses?
Support Specialists are offering faculty drop-in Zoom office hours.
Mon. 8-10am, Tues. 2-4 pm, Wed. 4-6 pm, and Thurs. 10 am- 12pm
It is my pleasure to introduce the newest members of West’s Distance Learning (DL) program, DeAnna Gossett and Ana Figueroa (Distance Learning Support Specialists), who are joining our existing staff Cyrus Helf (Multimedia Specialist), Hadi Dabbagh (Online Technical Support), and Ashley Jerro (Program Assistant) as part of our DL team. They will host weekly drop-in office hours for faculty, DL webinars, technology training sessions, one on one support and contribute to the new West Faculty Support Hub.
In order to support faculty who are new to online teaching or who want to enhance their online professional development, several resources are now available to faculty.
- Instructors seeking to become newly and fully DL certified must complete both Introduction to Teaching with Canvas and Introduction to Online Teaching and Learning which are offered by the District. To see a complete schedule, please follow this link.
- Several professional development webinars are now available ranging from Equity in Online Learning to Teaching Science Online and Regular Effective Contact which are led by campus faculty from across the District. To see the list of upcoming webinars, please view the attached flyer.
- West’s DL office is currently working on a Faculty Support Hub which will soon be released and contains information Zoom, OER, additional Canvas training, and accessibility, among other areas.
- In addition to the support already provided by the DL office, faculty drop-in office hours during Summer will be available Mon. 8 -10 a.m., Tues. 2 – 4 p.m., Wed. 4 – 6 p.m. and Thurs. 10 a.m. – 12 p.m.
- DL office staff is available for questions during regular business hours (Mon -Thurs from 8:30 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. and on Fridays from 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.). Please follow this link to West DL website.
As we move forward into the Fall semester our DL team hopes to build upon this spirit of collaboration and support that you demonstrated this Spring when we migrated to remote learning. I encourage you to take advantage of the resources listed above to prepare for the fall semester and/or to enhance your summer classes.
Go West. Go Far. Online.
Dean of Distance Learning
Instructional Technology and Library Services
West Los Angeles College
9000 Overland Ave.
Culver City, CA 90230