Enjoy 1-minute reflections by faculty on people, places and things in African-American culture and history.
Take your announcements to the next level…
Resources for instructors:
A quick overview of Notebowl can be found here.
Sharing a few resources below to help instructors navigate Notebowl. Please feel free to share them with faculty looking to use Notebowl.
Adding and editing Notebowl discussion boards
Sample post to replace Announcements with Bulletin (It is highly recommended to disable announcements and use Notebowl bulletin instead)
Tips to use Bulletin
Notebowl support team can be reached via the blue chat icon on the bottom right of the window or via email at
Happy New Year from your Customer Success Team!
One of our resolutions this year is to give our existing newsletter a bit of a makeover. We’re hard at work planning away, and would love your feedback! If you have a minute or two to spare, we invite you to fill out this GoogleForm to offer your opinions on content for the Team OEI Monthly Newsletter. For those of you who’ve already filled this out, THANK YOU! While that makeover is underway, we wanted to be sure we shared some updates with you……
We’re excited to explore the upcoming enhancements to Canvas this year, some highlights include updates to:
Below are a few recent changes that have occurred in Canvas recently. You can view the Canvas release notes for additional information.
- The Arc media recorder now has video quizzing in open beta for Arc+Canvas users. This feature needs to be enabled by a CSM, please let us know if you are interested.
- In the card view of the Canvas Dashboard, users can now move and sort their course tiles.
Are you looking for training resources for the new year? We have excellent options in Canvas Commons, details can be found here:
- Be The Hero – This course is perfect for new admins, or as a refresher!
InstrucureCon 2019 presentation proposals are currently being accepted. If you are interested in presenting please submit your proposal before February 22nd. Notifications will go out by March 20th letting you know of your acceptance.
Please reach out to us at email@example.com if you have questions or need any assistance. In the meantime, we wish you all the best!
NameCoach is a really cool app available in Canvas this Spring.
Check out this video for more information on the app:
NameCoach-HD (2)-HD from Praveen Shanbhag on Vimeo.
Here’s a video that shows you how to enable NameCoach in your Canvas course:
The new interface emulates Canvas, is easier to view and navigate, along with the new features described below.
- An exciting new feature for Appointment Booking gives instructors the ability to offer appointments with students.
- Offer designated time slots for online office hour, counseling, and tutoring appointments, or private meetings with a student.
- Students can reserve an available appointment, with only one reservation per time slot.
- Instructors and students can view the appointment calendar.
- Instructors and students can view all upcoming events using the ConferZoom Event calendar.
- A new email functionality offers instructors and students the option to set personal preferences for email notifications about upcoming events and appointments.
- Calendar integration allows instructors and students to have their events and appointments appear in their personal calendars such as Outlook and Google.
Detailed articles are available on our support pages at https://ccctechconnect.zendesk.com/hc/en-us
Please contact CCC Confer Tech Support with your questions.
CCC Confer Tech Support
Tel: 760-744-1150 ext 1537 or 1554
Take the “Introduction to Open Educational Resources” online course, which is offered from (Jan 14th to Feb 3rd). You can complete at your own pace within the timeframe.
If you haven’t already, please consider adopting open educational resources as an alternative to costly, traditional textbooks. If you have additional questions, want to get involved, or need support, contact Cyrus Helf (firstname.lastname@example.org)
NEWS FLASH: Since 2011, College of the Canyons has seen a nearly 98 percent increase in the number of students graduating. Chancellor Diane Van Hook cites increased textbook affordability through OER adoption as a major contributing factor. Read the story here.